Did you know more often people are injured in situations that were completely preventable? Negligible injuries occur when a person or a corporation decides to act without exercising caution or reasonable care to prevent causing harm to another. The dedicated Albuquerque personal injury lawyer reports that he has represented many people injured in a variety of accidents caused by negligence. Here we have discussed the most common personal injuries that are preventable.
Preventable Injuries by Albuquerque Personal Injury Lawyer
According to the recent reports, car accidents make up a significant number of personal injuries reported in the U.S. The typical reasons behind these accidents are,
- Running a red light
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Violating traffic laws
Driving with reasonable care avoids the likelihood of causing a serious accident.
The personal injury attorney in Albuquerque clearly explains that patients receive the quality of care they need to treat their condition. But, sometimes, the negligence of a medical practitioner leads to harming or worsening a patient’s condition. Common medical errors are listed below,
- Performing operations in the wrong area
- Wrong diagnosis of medical condition
- Failing to review patients medical history
- Improper reviewing of patient’s medical chart
Proper training and following the right procedures avoid causing medical injuries to the patients.
Slip and Fall Accidents
When a property owner fails to take proper safety precautions, the property turns into a danger zone. Some of the dangerous hazards in a property are,
- Cracks in sidewalks
- Wet floors and surfaces
- Uneven flooring
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include,
- Poor property maintenance
- Irregular property inspection for hazards
- Failing to correct property hazards
- Not warning guests about dangerous conditions
Injuries at Work
While performing job duties, many workers sustain injuries at work. The personal injury attorney in Albuquerque recommends employers to maintain a safe working environment for their employees to prevent workplace accidents. Workplace related accident happen due to the following reasons,
- Inadequate safety training
- No proper safety equipment
- Violating the rules and guidelines of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Dog Bite Injuries
Even though dog owners cannot control their pets all the time, many dog bites result from dog owner’s carelessness or negligence.
Tips to Prevent a Dog Attack
- Train dogs not to bite
- Monitor the dog’s interactions with children and others
- Warn visitors about your dog’s temperament
- Keep dogs in fenced area
- Keep the dog on leash when taking it for a walk
When a person gets injured in a preventable accident caused by another’s negligence, he or she is entitled to get compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Talk to your personal injury attorney in Albuquerque to file a claim.